Space & Time is not built by a big corporation. It is built by two hobbyists with the goal to help share knowledge about our planet, and hopefully learn something ourselves in doing so. In this policy we describe how we (the developers behind Space & Time), and any third party services used, collect, use and share any information about you.
By purchasing or in any other way acquiring the App, or using our Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy. By using our Services, you are also confirming that you understand English well enough to understand this Policy.
Do we process Children’s Personal Information?
The simple answer is that we do NOT store or process personal information about any child or adult. The App experience is completely Ad-free and does not offer In-App purchase options. The privacy of you, and your children, is very important to us! It is relevant to note, however, that the App and Services rely on third party tools and services. These services provide their own privacy policies which are accessible from this page.
Information collection and use
- Information about Unity and GDPR: https://unity3d.com/legal/gdpr
Besides the standard metrics collection that comes with Unity we collect information about how the App is interacted with by the user. We do this only for the sake of understanding how we can improve the user experience. The information collected is non-personal and the data is not shared with anyone else or used in any other way. Opting-out, as described above, will also disable this data collection.
Cookies and similar techniques
The App makes use of Unity’s built-in PlayerPrefs system to store small data files on your device. The data is non-personal and contains information about:
- The users progress through the App
- Visited locations
- Language and other settings
This data is only stored locally on the user’s device and not shared in any way. The data is vital for the App experience.
Use of device features
- Camera/Web camera - If accepted by the user the mobile device Camera is used to provide a real canvas on which to project App elements such as the UI and sun. The App cannot in any way interact with personal photos on the device.
- Location data - If accepted by the user the geolocation of the user is collected from the device allowing us to illustrate details about the users approximate location.
- Compass - Device information is used to collect compass information based on how the device is held.
- Regional Data - Device information about regional data is used to determine the users language, measuring units, and 24 hour clock setting.
Additional service providers
The App makes use of the Google Geocoding API to allow for searching for locations either by the use of search text (geocoding), or using latitude and longitude (reverse geocoding).
If it is accepted by the user, the App will use the latitude and longitude information gathered from the device to fetch the name and other information about the location, in order to be able to give an accurate visualization in the App. More information about the Google Geocoding API can be found here:
Last updated 2021/09/26